Lauren Beaupre, MSc, PhD
1F1.52 WMC, 8440 - 112 Street
Phone: (780) 407-3945
Fax: (780) 407-7534
My primary interest areas is outcome research in large orthopaedic patient populations (total joint arthroplasty, geriatric hip fracture and trauma) focusing on functional recovery, health-related quality of life and health service utilization following a surgical intervention. Secondarily, I am also interested in how knowledge gathered in research can be effectively disseminated to health care professionals and decision-makers to encourage ongoing adoption of evidence-based practice.
• Associate Professor in the Department of Physical Therapy
• Adjunct Assistant Professor in the Division of Orthopaedic Surgery
• PhD in Epidemiology
• Population Health Investigator with Alberta Innovates- Health Solutions and a Canadian Institute of Health Research New Investigator in Patient-Oriented Research.
• Doctoral degree in Public Health sciences, specializing in Epidemiology- University of Alberta
• Masters of Science degree in Physical Therapy – University of Alberta
• Direct clinical orthopaedic research- AHS, UAH, RAH, MCH in the areas of Orthopaedic trauma and total joint arthroplasty